AICEP and AISP Funding Programs

3D Energy is pleased to offer a full range of services under the Alberta Indigenous Community Energy Program (AICEP) and Alberta Indigenous Solar Program (AISP).

Alberta Indigenous Community Energy Program

The AICEP has been created to fund detailed energy audits of buildings in Indigenous communities. These energy audits allow decision-makers to better understand their buildings’ energy use, how it compares to similar buildings in similar climatic zones, identifies possible retrofits to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, and provides construction cost and expected savings from these retrofits.

This program can provide funding for 100% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $90,000 per project, and there is no limit on the number of buildings that can be assessed within this funding limit.

The technical requirements of this program are essentially identical to those of the Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC) Taking Action to Manage Energy (TAME+) program. 3D Energy is the market leader in energy audits under this program, and can meet all qualification and submission requirements to ensure funding is approved under the AICEP.

Alberta Indigenous Solar Program

The AISP has been created to assist Indigenous communities in installing solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on community-owned facilities. It can provide funding for up to 60% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $200,000 per project. Applicants can use other non-Government of Alberta funding sources to cover the remaining 40%.

3D Energy can review a site’s suitability for a solar PV installation, either as part of an energy audit under the AICEP or as a stand-alone project, and we have partnered with a specialist PV system designer and installer who can provide a construction quote and complete turn-key installation.

Contact Us

Email us or give us a call and we will be pleased to talk with you and learn how we can help you make the most of the funding available under the AICEP and AISP programs.